Saturday, August 13, 2011

FRIDAY IN FRANCE

What language did you study in high school? My fellow francophile and friend of over 15 years, Jill, joined me for an evening of Parisian treats! On order were some petit lemon madeleines (my new pan's maiden voyage) and Lillet on ice with orange.

For those of you new to Lillet, it is an aperitif wine with hints of citrus. Traditionally served over ice with a slice of orange or lemon, it has a slightly thicker consistency than white wine with a gentle sweetness.

My attempt at madeleines was not as daunting of a task as one might assume. To add depth I browned the butter but other than that I kept to the detailed recipe found in Dorie Greenspan's Baking: From My Home to Yours cookbook. The result were dainty, cake like cookies that are a perfect pop-able size, best served along side a cup of tea, coffee or glass of Lillet!

{Madeleine recipe via: doriegreenspan.com}


No comments:

Post a Comment