Saturday, March 17, 2012

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  It's been 6 years since I've been in Ireland (too long). I studied abroad their my Spring semester of College, where I attended University College Dublin. Up to this point in my life it has been the most amazing experience, and the most overall educational (thanks Mom & Dad). Ireland taught me to become independent, to appreciate different cultures, how to travel, about the amazing history of Ireland (really puts in perspective how young America, or as they would say "The States", truly is) and how to appreciate beer (great beer). It's a time in my life I will never forget. Today I'll be raising my Jameson and Guinness to a great country... Ireland.

Here are some images from my experience...








The very popular Cliffs of Moher.



Yum... Guinness.



St. Stephen's Green, park in the middle of Dublin. As you can see very pretty in the Spring. 
There is a shopping center right beyond the arch called St. Stephen's Green.



Grafton Street is THE place to shop in Dublin. It's a long cobble stone street.



 The Spire of Dublin on Henry Street. You can't miss it. This picture is cut off but it is super tall.



Messrs Maguire is my favorite pub in Dublin. It's still very old and laid back.
Not a club like others have become in the area.
 


Had to throw this one in...  Malahide Castle home to the Talbot family.  
Could I be royalty?



Saint Patrick's Day parade float in Dublin.  Pretty creepy floats.



The Liffey Bridge formally known as the Ha'penny Bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment