Saturday, November 12, 2011


Finally back up and running after a week without power, heat, cable, or internet. Our only saving grace was a gas stove and water-heater! Around 10 pm Saturday, October 29th I watched as a tree took down all lines to our house. It was exciting yet scary as sparks flew from the cables and darkness and silence fell upon us. After taking a closer look we realized we didn't have it as bad as our neighbors. As our tree fell onto our driveway another tree fell on the house next door! Happy to report we made it through the week and we hope it never happens again!

Survival: We stuck to stove-top meals (mac n' cheese), Jenga, candles, DVDs, reading, and coffee/tea on the stove.

No comments:

Post a Comment