Friday, December 2, 2011

PUMPKIN ICE CREAM

Ever since receiving my ice cream maker this summer I've been itching to try new and unique flavors. Being fall and all I thought it would only be appropriate to seek out a Pumpkin Ice Cream. My search for a pumpkin flavored ice cream led me to the David Lebowitz website. Unfortunately, I am a little lazy and didn't follow the recipe exactly. I didn't bother going through the trouble of purchasing and grinding my own fresh spices. I just used good old McCormick Spices I had on hand. I also didn't create my own pumpkin puree. I just used the reliable Libby's. Gotta love when the tricky stuff is already done for you... why put yourself through the trouble? Am I right?  Any who, the results were great! The creamy ice cream tastes like cold pumpkin pie minus the crust. However, if you are craving that crunch all you have to do is sprinkle on some graham crackers or some nuts. If you are a pumpkin lover I highly recommend this delectable treat. It's a great idea for the holidays and you can make it ahead of time!

1 comment: