Friday, July 15, 2011

SWEET & SALTY

My Maine mini vaca is upon me. Every year I try to bring a fun treat or snack for all to enjoy. A while back I had found a recipe in my Food Network Magazine that I had been saving for the right occasion. I felt it was time to whip it out!

This recipe was quite easy. Pour all your goodies in to a bowl, heat up the caramel ingredients on the stove, combine the goodies with the caramel concoction, bake it on a couple of baking sheets and viola... Yummy sweet & salty popcorn mix.

The recipe makes a lot and it lasts up to 2 weeks so it is well worth the little bit of effort it takes to make. You could even play around with the actual ingredients in the mix. You could try different cereals, a variety of nuts, or anything you think would work well. I always recommend trying the original recipe first before experimenting.

This sweet & salty mix is unlike something I have had before. A lot of different flavor combination's between the caramel, the sesame seeds, and wasabi peas. You will have to try it to experience it. I say grab some friends, a game, some cold beverages and munch away!



{Recipe courtesy of Food Network Magazine}

No comments:

Post a Comment